Wednesday 18 March 2009

Work

I was clued into the latest secondary school trend tonight. The "shag tag." It's a rubber bracelet that a girl gives a guy (can a guy give one to a girl? I dunno...) and if he breaks it, they have to "shag." The catch this time is that the girl who gave it to the boy I was talking with is going out with another guy we work with. Sad.

The weather was GORGEOUS today. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY it's the start of Northern Irish spring, the best time of the year. Except for the riots. There's just nothing to be done when young people on both sides of the wall are ringing each other, looking for excitement. We had a bit of success tonight, and got several yp into the centre for a ridiculous game of football (yp v. youth workers), but in the end, if they want to throw stones, I'm not standing in the middle.

It seems that FS has made a good decision about international volunteers for next year. They've restructured the programme and I think it will be better for vols and staff. I'm glad they've put the thought into it and worked out a financially viable solution.

No comments: