Tuesday 11 September 2007

Apparently Ireland played Namibia on Sunday, not Portugal. Like I said, I slept through most of it. :)

Just wanted to write again today because it was a great day. I read Colossians this morning and got a good dose of (well needed) attitude adjustment. We've been looking a various parts of Colossians at church and talking about our standards in our lives, our work, our church. Everytime I start reading my Bible on a daily basis life seems to go a bit better, so you'd think I'd get it by now and just take some time every morning, but no, of course not. Today I did though, so it was good.

Afterschools was sweet. It was the first day for the older ones, and we only had three show up. It was a bit overwhelming with three kids and nine staff/volunteers, but it was really wonderful, too. We got to talk and play a lot with them, give them tons of attention. And the ones who wind them all up either weren't there or were missing their buddies, so it was all rather calm.

Afterward we had the kick off youth trip. Again, our numbers were small, most of the yp who signed up didn't show up, so it was 11 yp and seven staff/volunteers. We went to Belfast Activity Center and worked with some great people who lead us in team building games. We did a bit of climbing, one or two activities on/in the caves (claustrophia at its best) and the yp specificially asked to be paired up in this group for the rest of the year.

Plus, two of our yp made the front page of The Irish News for the photo launch yesterday. If you check out the website (www.irishnews.com) tonight you can click on the front page to see the photo.

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

Thanks so much! I am catching up reading "the blog" today. It has been a while. Sorry! I am so glad that things are going well. I am thinking of you in not so quaint Springfield. We do love you sweetie!