Tuesday 15 July 2008

Before I returned to Belfast I had been mildly concerned about staying busy this first week back. Thankfully, any concern was unnecessary. Here's the last few busy days in photos (thanks, Ben, for the suggestion).

Friday, July 11th- Bonfire night. Some trippy pics, but I love them. And these kids are super. Some of the bright spots are the bonfires, I think we counted up to 19 from our vantage point.




Saturday, July 12th- Loyalist Parades




Monday, July 14th- Rose Week (if these look familiar, it may be because I took Rose Week pics last year. Lots of them.)

OK, I have too many rose pics. Check for a link at the left.

Still Monday, July 14th- indie concert at the Waterfront: Los Campesinos, Kowalski, Two Door Cinema Club, Cat Malojian. LC is an indie punk rock band from Cardiff- one of their tracks was played on the latest All Songs Considered podcast. Kowalski is a local band that's been making it big lately. Two Door Cinema Club was featured on another podcast that I love, which covers local music. And they all played together tonight. It was a fun gig, totally different from a Josh Groban concert...it would have been better if I had known their music and not just their names, but it kept my interest and made for a good night. (these photos aren't so hot, but they prove that I was there!!)

Cat Malojian

Kowalski (in Bastille Day garb)

Los Campesinos

3 comments:

Cate said...

Those bonfire shots are crazy!

I'll try to remember to check more often if you're going to post more often. :)

Biblia said...

Yay Photos! I'm sorry, but where the heck are you guys in these bonfire photos? Did Quakers ACTUALLY build the smoking deck? And it supports 7 people? STUNNED.

Heather said...

YESSSSSSS! The blog is up and running. You know I'm a fan of stalking you. Glad you didn't have to run around naked in Belfast for too long. It looks cold.